Receive our E-newsletter
Trawsfynydd Holiday Village is situated only 2 miles from the renowned Coed y Brenin mountain biking trails and offers cycle friendly log cabins and a bunkhouse, making our accommodation a great local base to try out the trails.
At Coed y Brenin there is a large network of all weather trails graded from Easy to Extreme, so whether you're looking for rides for the family along beautiful river valleys or extremely demanding routes across wild hilltops with views of the Snowdonia mountains and the nearby coast, it has something to offer mountain bikers of all abilities. The difficult tracks include The Dragon's Back, The Beast, The Tarw Ddu and the MBR. The easier routes include Yr Avon and the new MinorTaur trail, which is suitable for a wider range of ages and abilities. All the trails start from the Forests Visitor Centre where there is ample parking, a Cafe, toilets and Bike Rental Shop. More info about all trails is on the Forestry Commission Website.
The Mawddach MtB Goldrush Challenge, Howies Coed y Brenin Enduro, CyB Off Road Duathlon and the Welsh XC MtB Championships are all run at Coed y Brenin. As our accommodation is so close to the race you could come for the weekend and get some practice in before the events, or bring some friends and family along with you on race weekend and make it into a short break. Date for the next Howies Coed y Brenin Enduro is on the 5th October 2013.
Benefits of booking your Coed y Brenin Accommodation with us are:
- Our Shop & Reception are open 7 days/week, meaning we are there to help whenever you need us
- Late Arrival is not a problem, just let us know & we'll arrange alternative key collection out of hours
- We can take bookings online or over the phone and can accept debit card payments in our shop
- We have free Wi-Fi in & around our Shop & Reception
- We have a Laundrette available 24/7
- The Rhiw Goch Inn is on the outskirts of the village, offering great Food & Drink, as well as a takeaway service
- Our Bunkhouse and many of our Cabins have space to lock away bikes, check at time of booking.
- Trawsfynydd holiday village is open all year apart from November.
Coed Y Brenin & Red Bull Images: © Crown copyright (2009) Visit Wales